Friday, November 6, 2009

I am an Israelite...



Ike and I were reviewing his AWANAs stuff yesterday. He asked me to read him the included verse story, which was about the Israelites. Okay, so the major theme of the story...God hates complainers. When you look through the story it is hard to see how the Israelites could complain. God brought them out of Egypt, out of slavery, through the Red Sea...obvious miracles. Personally I would never complain, or would I? What are the things that He does in my life daily...hourly...that I take advantage of? I am an Israelite, but they say that the first step is acceptance, or something like that. So, there is hope(:

I may not complain outloud, but I complain in my heart and I think that it is evident to my children. Whether it is in my heart or on my tongue, it is a sin all the same. So, I am going to purpose to think on what is true...I am going to wake up early and crack my Bible open and memorize scripture. I am going to pray...pray for God to teach me through His word and His Holy Spirit. I am going to pray to become a worthy occupant of this wonderful life He has given me. And if you feel the need...I would be grateful for your prayers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment