Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hope and Hard Lessons



This picture has nothing to do with my post...I just like it.


So, this week I worked on drawing closer to God...which is standards ops for me.  Let me share with you a little what I learned. 

There is a lady I church that I really would like to get together with, but she keeps putting me off.  Saying she will get to my requests (via email, facebook and even personal encounters) later.  It has really hurt my feelings...blah blah blah.  She even offered to provide mentoring and I really feel like she has not come through.  Then I started turning the tables...hmmm...why does this sound SO familiar?  Because I am that lady.  God is persistently, patiently and lovingly asking to be a part of my life.  He has this plan for me and I keep saying oh yeah...later.  It just was kind of sobering to think that the feelings that I am having might be the feelings that Christ might be having as I am constantly putting things above him on my list of things to do.  Part of me is turned towards God, wanting to follow him...but what about my heart?  Is my heart, my mind wholly surrendered to him?  No.

This is my year though.  During the 33rd year of my life I will turn my being towards God.  I will lose myself in him.  I can say this with confidence because he is persistent, loving and patient.  He has a plan for my life a wonderful plan, how special am I?

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is so poignant. I love reading your blog. This post is such a fabulous reminder for me as well. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate. He is sooo good, so faithful, and by His grace we *will* be lost in Him. I think that's when we'll really feel found, huh?
    Love you loads (and miss you!!!)
    HOLL

    ReplyDelete