Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fun in the snow!!

So, I have been taking an antidepressant for the past 7 months.  I cannot believe that it has already been that long.  I have always struggled with depression and I mean always.  It was not just this thing that popped up when I was a teenager.  But, I guess I realized I needed help after everything happened with Luke.  Since then, I have been on and off an antidepressant.  Off while pregnant and nursing...on when I was not.  This time it was really hard to come off the antidepressant.  I really struggled.  I seriously just wanted to sleep, that is it.  I still just want to sleep to some extent, but am getting my energy back to face the world(:  There were a couple of days that I just wanted Dan to take me to the ER...something...to make me stop feeling the way I felt.  Okay, so those days are over with, but I just wanted to note it in my blog.  Really, it was only two weeks of emotionally feeling awful (I am still feeling the physical reproccussions), but during the time it seemed like a decade.  I like looking through my previous posts and remembering what I was feeling...seeing what baby steps I have made in growing.  So, that is that...on to the good stuff!

Yesterday we went sledding.  This is the first day that I peeled myself out of my pjs and put some real clothes on willingly...not out of obligation!  As I threw my pjs on the bed, Dan commented that he was surprised that they did not stand on their own.  He has been really tolerant of me...really loving...so I am grateful.  BUT!!!  We went sledding and I captured a few of the million smiles of that day on camera.  So, without further delay...





My sweet, still toothless, Ike.




JQ and Alexander smiling, full-tilt!  That is chocolate on Alexander's face, it was on clearance where we bought the sleds!




I just love this one...his eyes are closed...I just love it!



I have a million more...maybe I will randomly post them later.  I heard on the radio the other day that we choose our attitudes.  We choose to "consider it all joy".  With God's grace that is where I am right now.  It was a really rough couple of weeks, but now I know.  What will I do the next time I am not pregnant or breastfeeding?  Something to be prayerful and mindful about, for sure!

1 comment:

  1. These memories are precious! The looks of joy on their faces. I've survived some of the days you are describing as well, despite questioning if I would. Love you, and hoping that God's promises are reaching you and wrapping you up. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete