Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day



Okay! It has officially been a week since I have been able to hear normally. I have noticed some good things about not being able to hear...one is selective hearing...seriously...enough said.

We kayaked to Rose Island yesterday and it was so much fun. So, the getting out and kayaking part was not so fun. I had to remind myself a few times that I am the wife and am called to respect my husband. I have been so moody lately, just sick and tired I suppose. It all worked out though. The island is beautiful and you can actually stay a week on it and be a lighthouse keeper. Of course you have to pay, but what fun! We had a scrumptious picnic of chewy bread, Havarti, fresh fruit and ginger ale. It was delightful. Then we hiked around the island, which is also a nature preserve. I do have a few pictures...to post later. It was good to soak up the sun and put my kayaking muscles back to work.

My favorite thing...we were all so beat after our venture that we came home got in our bed and watched Scooby Doo and ate more of the aforementioned food.

No comments:

Post a Comment