Thursday, September 24, 2009

Clarity in Cheesecake

We took a trip to New York this week. Really, I just got home! But by the time I post this, it might be tomorrow or the next day. I just wanted to get it started, so I did not forget.

So, it is now Tuesday I and I am getting back to this post. Life...

My favorite place in New York is Grand Central Station. Which is totally not like me. I hate crowded places and suffer from minor claustrophobia. But you can get fantastic cheesecake there. Last time we went we bought one and only ate a few bites and then left it in our hotel room. Seriously, if that isn't evident of my sinful nature... So, ever since I have been dreaming of this cheesecake.

Well, on our second day we went to Grand Central Station twice! So much fun. The second time around we purchased our cheesecake and then sat down on some benches and ate it. All five of us. We laughed, joked and ate. I can pause and go back there to that moment right now. It is frozen in my mind. I wish I could explain it here. Maybe you have had a moment like this. Where it is all okay. You realize that you do have a dirty house to go home to, there are things that definitely need to get done ASAP...but you enjoy the moment. You savor and appreciate that moment. GI was by my side eating huge bites of cheesecake, just like his Papa, who was on my other side. AK was on his Papa's lap enjoying being fed cheesecake by both Dan and I. JQ was sitting satisfied in her stroller. I am sure we were being watched...but it didn't matter. It was our moment. It was nice to leave all the hurts, things to get done, LIFE behind for a moment.

Thank you Lord, thank you for this moment. Thank you for all my moments that have led up to this one. Just thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment