Monday, July 19, 2010

Marshmallows...

When I was growing up I read the Babysitter's Club series.  One of the girls in the books was a a health-nut.  Well, her mom was really.  She had never had junk food and never really even wanted to try it.  I was like...when I grow up I am going to be a health nut and my children will only eat healthy food.  Sounds like a good plan, huh?  My children will never eat Oreos or marshmallows so they will prefer granola, dried fruit, and other "healthy" choices.  Hmmm...well, here I am grown up.  The plan didn't work.  My kids love junk food because at some desperate moment in their lives I gave them something savory and sweet to kind of help them keep their mouths shut.  Oh and also, I never kicked the junk food habit myself.  That is actually the reason for the post...my lunch for today...peanut butter crackers and marshmallows.  Maybe my grand kids will be health-nuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment