Thursday, June 24, 2010

I don't know how to ask for help

I don't know how to receive help either.

I have never taken anything without giving something back.

At some point anyone that I have ever loved has let me down, abandoned me.  I figure it is easier and safer just to do everything on my own, so I don't risk the hurt.  Poor me.  Everyone in my life has let me down. 

Seriously though, I have let down every person that has entered into my life.  I am human, I make mistakes, right along with every other human that enters into my life.

So, my husband is gone until January or so.  7 months total he will be gone.  Maybe this is an opportunity to practice asking and receiving help. 

Come to me, 
all who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you, 
and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy, 
and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, living in a fallen world means having to accept no one is perfect. Thankfully, our perfect Father extends us grace where we fall short. He has also given us the gift of loving sisters and brothers to help us in our greatest time of need. I pray you feel the love of all those surrounding you during this particularly difficult season of your life. I know during our deployments, I would have been lost without the help of many friends, family and neighbors. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wished i was your neighbor or lived a bit closer, melissa....i would help you. it makes me so sad to have you so alone.
    on a bit of a happier note, i have enjoyed seeing your little guy's hand-me-downs on moses. i think of you and your little ones. loving you from too far away. mona (ri's mama)

    ReplyDelete