Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BFF





So, I have this friend. My entire life my mom has prayed for this friend. Here I am, 32 years old, just meeting her. Even though our time living as neighbors is running short, I am constantly grateful for every second we have had and still have.

Whomever said, "A taste of honey is worse than none at all" was stupid. Any agony I experience from our upcoming separation is well worth just one more moment with her. As Anne of Green Gables would say...She is my bosom friend(:

My mom says she will continue to pray for another friend just like her when we move to Rhode Island. I do want friends, but not another one like her. She is special, there are no words to describe her, to describe our friendship.

Safe...that is how I feel when we are together. Safe because I know that whatever I say, whatever I do, she will not take offense, she knows that I have the best intentions towards her and her beautiful family. She loves me like a sister, yet we have no blood relation. She forgives me like a sister, forgiving the moment of the offense.

She inspires me, she encourages me, she is a part of me. I am eternally grateful to God for bringing her into my life and I am eternally grateful to her for letting me into hers.

So, thank you friend...thank you Friend.

1 comment:

  1. Ugg. This post hits me in the gut. I really despise saying goodbye. I've had to say farewell a few times too many over the past years. And it sucks. But God has been faithful and has brought great friends in - not to take their place because each friend is so unique and special - but to simply add to the abundance! You never know who God has waiting for you in Rhode Island!

    ReplyDelete