Sunday, September 5, 2010

Your Grace Is Enough

Three Sundays ago I drove to church in complete tears.  I was so frustrated because it is so hard to go to church...the kids are always crazy and hard to wrangle...I love being at church, I just dislike getting there.  I was crying though really because I come to church seemingly desperate every Sunday.  Really needing it.  I just felt like there must be something wrong with me because if I was a "good" enough Christian, I would come calmly with obedient children(:

So, last Sunday I didn't go.  I made up some excuse in my mind and didn't go.  The kids had been especially crazy and I really didn't even feel worthy enough to come to church.

This Sunday I just didn't want to go.  I knew that if I didn't go though that it would be even harder next Sunday.  I arrived ready to pass out, exhausted and I went into the sanctuary hearing "Your Grace is Enough."  It is enough, but do I believe that?  Do I accept that?  I know that His grace is enough for you...or for my children, but do I believe that it is enough for me?
I love that I get to choose to be a Christian.  I have chosen to believe that Christ is my savior.  I have chosen even though I hurt, am seemingly hurt by things that have happened in my life.  I know that God could provide a life for me that would be free from hurt, free from desperation, just free.  He does not bring these obstacles into my life to hurt me, I know, but it still hurts.  The thought, hope that I cling to is this...that some day I will be able to help someone else, be a blessing to someone else. 

Lord bless me, so that I can bless others.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment