Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How Could I Forget Such Kindness??



My dear husband gave me this teapot about two or so years ago.  We had a heavy cast iron tea pot, that was, well, heavy and big.  I wanted something for the nights he was gone, just for myself.  So, he bought this set for me.  As I chased our kids around the tea store he talked to the cashier, making sure I would have everything I needed.  He carefully picked out the infuser for me, I overheard the conversation.  He told the lady that he wanted something with a handle because my fingertips were delicate and without calluses.  He did not want me to burn my fingers on the infuser basket.  How sweet.

So, I sit here, on another night alone, brewing my peppermint tea.  Feeling a little lonely, but every so grateful for a little reminder of his kindness.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story, and what a lovely gift. I remember you telling me this.

    ReplyDelete