Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Brother

So, I have a little brother.  I think the world of him.  Seriously...I hold him as close to my heart as I do my husband or my children.  Last week he was beaten, no, savagely attacked...assaulted.  His jaw was broken so badly and so many teeth were missing that they just pieced together his jaw and are planning on a secondary surgery to reconstruct his jaw.  Thankfully my parents were able to go out to him and take care of him for a bit.  The surgeon said that he is lucky to be alive...especially lucky to not have any brain damage.  This is my brother, someone that I hold so dearly.  I have totally been blind sided by this.  I think we all have.  I take life for granted everyday.  I purchase the best car seats, look both ways before crossing the street, I make sure my kids are protected from the sun.  How do I protect them from this?  I don't.  I let them know the dangers that are out there.  They need to know their own mortality.  Not everything in life makes sense.  So, you conquer and overcome what doesn't.  I do pray though that somehow God will just use this to draw my brother closer to Him.  I look at my own life, how God never let me go...he won the battle with me...I am His...I know He can also win the battle for my brother, for my dad, for anyone who is lost.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you've had a rough week(s) between illness, the ER and now this. Hope Keith recovers quickly. Did he get mugged or something? It's just unfathomable what people can do to each other. Love you, and keep meaning to call you, but that time difference always seems to get me. I'll be praying for him!

    ReplyDelete